Time is very telling. When I first started this blog last year, I had a number of goals. After an extended hiatus I am back and the first thing I did was check to see how I measured up against them. The second thing I did was promise myself that I would never take as long of a vacation as I did from my blog again. It is a great way to keep myself accountable and create and reach new goals.
With that being said, I would say I still did a fairly good job at keeping my promises to myself. First of all I went back to school. This of course means a lack of free time as well as some new found debt in the form of student loans. I also have successfully gotten my first business up and running. There is still a long way to go but so far it has been an adventure as well as a small stream of monthly income.
Despite my lack of free time and increased workload from my job (by the way, I left my old company for a nice promotion) I want to start off with a few of my new goals. It’s not the New Year I know, but I figure there is no reason I can’t start bettering myself today .
The end goal in all of this is to develop a steady stream of passive income in order to be financially independent well before what is traditionally considered retirement age. When exactly, I don’t know yet, the math can wait. But in the meantime I will put away as much as I can in order to reach this goal. Through blogging I hope to not only hold myself accountable for my goals, but inspire others to do the same.
- Write! That means staying loyal to this blog as well as pick up a few writing assignments with other blogs. I love writing but you wouldn’t think so seeing as how I fall out of the routine when things get busy in my life.
- Create business plan. Like I said, I’ve started running with my new side business but do not have a plan for sustainability. I would like to create one so I can have a clear projection of the future as well as goals.
- Max out retirement vehicles – 401K and Roth
- Travel- I have three destinations on my list. Denver, Europe, and Thailand. I have been doing a lot of reading on how to acquire airline tickets for relatively cheap or free so I will most likely write more about that more in the near future.
- Invest 40K. This one will be tough for me but I think through a modest lifestyle and discipline I can achieve this. Details to come as I make my way through it.
- Surpass 200K net worth. I will have student loans working against me but I think I can make a gain over 2014 of 50k all things considered.
- Stockpile cash. I am looking at purchasing an investment property and August 2015 is when I feel I will start looking and getting a feel for the market.
- Blog goals-
- First 10 subscibers ( first I have to figure out how to offer email subsciptions)
- First revenue from blog ( again, a vast world that I know nothing about. Research awaits me)
- Network with other bloggers.
I will add to this list as I think of new goals. In the meantime it feels good to be back!